Protect Your Password
Never reveal your password to anyone that you don't want to have access to your account. You can further safeguard your account information by following these guidelines:
- Never write your password down or leave it anywhere that someone else could find it and use it.
- Change your password on a regular basis.
- Use the Exit button to end each Online Banking session. Do not use the Back button to exit the site.
- Change your session timeout in User Options to a time that meets your needs.
Protect Your Computer
BSNB and our Online Banking service provider employ multiple levels of security to protect your account information and transactions. In order to access our services and the protection they provide, you must use an internet browser that supports 128-bit encryption. There are additional methods that you can use as well:
- Keep anti-virus software current. Scan for viruses on a weekly basis, at a minimum.
- Keep your operating system and your Internet browser updated with new releases and the most recent version. These updates and patches will provide increased security. You may use any browser that supports the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol. Most popular browsers support this security feature. To maintain our high security level, we also require using a browser with 128-bit encryption.
- Do not open email and attachments that are of unknown origin as this is often the source of virus and worm infections.
- Do not click on hyperlinks within websites or email unless you are familiar with the source and sure that it is legitimate. Hyperlinks are often used as a method to download malicious software on your computer.
Enhanced Login Security for Online Banking
This security service is free, easy, and most importantly, gives you extra protection from fraud and identity theft.
Enhanced Login Security identifies you as the true “owner” of your accounts. Not only will your password be recognized, your computer will be recognized as well. If we don’t recognize your computer (you’ve logged in from a public computer or one you haven’t used before) you will be prompted to provide information that only you will know as an additional line of defense against unauthorized access to your accounts.
Your online security has always been a top priority. That’s why Enhanced Login Security is so important. To reinforce our commitment to online fraud prevention, we've also introduced an easy-to-use Security Toolkit and Online Security Glossary designed to help you understand online banking security, your general computer safety, and more.
Protect Your Information
It is the policy of BSNB not to request information that is confidential in nature regarding you or your accounts via normal email or text message. If you receive an unsolicited email or text message that appears to be from BSNB and it requests confidential information, we recommend that you do not respond. If you receive such an email or text message, please contact your BSNB representative.