Please select a topic area to review frequently asked questions.
Why is BSNB upgrading the mobile application?
We are launching a new mobile banking app experience that offers a modern, updated design. Upgrading the application gives us the ability to grow our mobile platform at a faster rate with more services to offer you.
New features include:
- An updated user interface and user experience
- New look and feel
- Biometrics for Android (facial recognition)
- New security features and settings
When is the new app available?
The new app will go live on June 22, 2021.
When the new mobile banking app goes live, what actions do I need to take?
Our goal is to make this transition as easy as possible for our mobile banking users. Please keep in mind that we coordinate all elements to release simultaneously, but some processes could take longer than others. Following are some things to expect.
- As an Android user, your application could take several hours after the launch to show up in the Google Play app store. We recommend you use the following URL to go directly to Google Play for the download:
- Google Play
Note: This URL will not direct you to the new app until it has been released on June 22, 2021.
- Our former mobile banking application may still appear in Google Play as a viable choice even though this app has been deleted. You will get an error message if you try to download the old app. Please use the URL we provided you instead of searching for the app in Google Play.
- If enabled, auto-update should update the application without your interaction; however, there may be conditions specific to your device that could prevent the update from happening. These conditions include device Wi-Fi, data network settings or other circumstances that may require a manual update of the existing application.
- Starting on June 22, if you are having issues with the mobile banking application, please update your app by following the instructions below:
- Open the Apple App Store on your device.
- Select the Profile Picture (Person Icon).
- Scroll down to the Upcoming Automatic Updates.
- From here, you can opt in to update all available apps or scroll to BSNB’s Mobile Banking app and update it.
Whether you are an Android or iPhone user, you may need to acknowledge several items before you can use the new application:
- Biometrics: The app requires your permission to continue using this security method. See question below for more details.
- Terms and Conditions: You must accept the new Terms and Conditions for the application.
- Camera feature: The new app includes mobile check deposit functionality, which requires use of the device’s camera. You will be prompted to allow the use of your camera, even if you do not plan to use the mobile check deposit functionality.
If biometrics are enabled on my mobile banking application today, will these work automatically in the new app, or will I need to enable these again?
Upon initial login to the new mobile banking app, if you have enabled biometrics for either your Android or iPhone device in the past, you will see a message requesting that you sign into the application with access ID and passcode to continue using biometrics. Once you have completed this initial login, you will be able to use already established biometrics for subsequent logins.
What happens to text banking functionality? Will I need to re-enroll?
Yes, once the new mobile banking application launches, you will need to re-enroll for text banking. Your long code for text banking is: 1-925-406-3383. Please complete the following steps to re-enroll:
1. Log into Online Banking.
2. Click All Services & Settings.
3. Click Text Banking under Banking Services.
4. Click Enroll New Device.
Why am I getting a “Welcome to Mobile Banking” email when I have been a mobile banking user for some time?
As we move to the new mobile banking application, some users will receive a welcome email. However, some individuals who previously used our legacy mobile banking app may receive this email in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
What should I do if I have questions or comments about the new app? Who can I call for help?
We do not expect any issues with the upgrade. However, if you need help or have any questions, please contact BSNB’s Customer Support Services at 518-885-6781 Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday from 9:00 am to noon.